Commercial Construction Services
Obstructions can be located with reliable radiographs. X-rays give us the ability to identify rebar, conduit, and post-tension cables in concrete structures.
Additional Field Service Requests
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
Using radar technology, we can locate post-tension cables and rebar in concrete up to 16" thick. This non-intrusive inspection can be employed at any time; eliminating the need for a "radiation barrier".
GPR Can reveal the depth of concrete up to 16". Block walls and concrete structures can be scanned for proper rebar placement.
Nondestructive Examination of Weldments
SSS has full NDE capabilities for weld inspection of structural steel. Inspections are performed to a variety of required clients specifications. We frequently inspect welds using radiography, ultrasound, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and visual testing.
Multi-storied office complexes, hospitals, convention centers, motels/hotels, etc...
Amusement rides, monorail systems, race cars, cranes and other lifting equipment.
- Shop Fabrication Quality Control Inspections of Structural Steel
- Field Erection Quality Control Inspections of Structural Steel
- Certified Welding Inspections of Structural Steel and Mechanical Piping
- Welding Procedure and Welder Qualification Development, Review and Testing
- Structural Bolting Inspections
- Skidmore Bolt Testing
- Concrete Scanning for Post Tension Cables, Rebar and Conduit
- Nondestructive Testing of Welds
- Roof/Floor Decking Inspections